Open 5 Days
Complimentary Valet Parking Available
Dental Crowns and Bridges
Save your tooth by reinforcing and strengthening it. A crown is placed over a tooth that has had a root canal treatment or has been worn down over time.
A bridge is an alternative to dental implants that replaces missing teeth. It improves the appearance of your smile while allowing the full use of your natural bite.
Crowns and bridges require a minimum of two visits to prepare and then insert the permanent structure.
Would you like to restore your smile? Contact our practice today to discover how crowns and bridges can help
Advantages of Dental Crowns
There are a number of reasons why crowns may be used:
- To support teeth that have large fillings and very little natural tooth left
- To restore the appearance and function of badly broken or decayed teeth
- To protect teeth which are cracked or fractured
- To strengthen and protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To improve the appearance of teeth with severe dental problems (and where veneers are not suitable)
Considerations for Crowns
Having a dental crown fitted may require a reduction of your original tooth structure and it’s important to realise that once this tooth is cut away it can never grow back. Dental veneers require only a small fraction of tooth to be removed but veneers are not as strong as crowns and may need to be replaced sooner.
Book your appointment at Women In Dentistry, Melbourne.
We understand how important it is to make the right decision about your teeth. As part of our service offering dental crowns in Melbourne, we take the time to offer you a full consultation of all the treatments that are available to you along with answering any questions and concerns you have.